23 posts tagged reusable bags
We partnered with the Boston Ballet to create this lovely pink limited edition bag, with proceeds benefiting this fantastic organization. If you love Boston (or the ballet!) get yours today!
Why You Should Use A Reusable Grocery Bag
It seems like more and more supermarkets have discontinued plastic bags, switched to paper-only shopping bags, and have set up discount incentives for customers to bring their own reusable bag. That’s because we’re finally discovering the inconvenient truth about plastic bags: They’re rarely recycled. They’re made from petroleum oil. And they’re an enormous harm to our environment.
If you’ve made the switch to reusable grocery bags, then applaud yourself for being environmentally aware. But if you’re still using plastic bags, read the facts below and consider making the switch. Our world deserves to be treated better. If you’d like to recycle all your old plastic bags, find a recycling center here. By the way, paper grocery bags are just as bad as plastic bags.
- Plastic bags take anywhere from 15 to 1000 years to decompose.
- Only 1 percent of plastic bags are recycled in the United States. The rest end up in landfills, the ocean, or some other place in the environment. There’s actually a giant garbage heap made mostly of plastic floating in the ocean that’s twice the size of the United States.
- It’s estimated that 1 million birds and thousands of turtles and other sea animals die each year after ingesting discarded plastic bags.
- More than 10 percent of washed-up debris polluting the U.S. coastline is made up of plastic bags.
- It takes 12 million barrels of oil to produce the estimated 100 billion plastic bags Americans use each year.
- The petroleum used to produce 14 plastic bags can drive a car one mile.
It’s a shame to toss all that delicious leftover Easter candy, so you can bet we’ll be stashing ours in our just arrived Butterfly-tastic Baggie ALL!
We’ve just added new limited edition Hunger Games inspired bags to the site! Hand printed on metallic gold or silver bags. Show your Tribute Pride!!
Which team are YOU on??
Our Navy Chevron bag is featured in the April issue of Food Network Magazine! Woot! Woot! Click for 10% off this style! All the cool kids are doing it!
** I did not gift her the nuts :P
The polars bears are eternally grateful.
A handy Navy Chevron RuMe Bag makes it easy to spot your stroller at Disneyland!
Great for toting champers!
Chevron, Ikat & Quatrefoil bags bundled up, tied with a bow and ready to give!
It’s A RuMystery!
Snag a RuMe Mystery Bag filled with loads of surprises and deals for an amazing price! Use this opportunity to stock up on RuMe products, or grab a few bags to keep as great gifts anyone would love.
Just $24.95 + FREE SHIPPING!
Here’s the scoop:
* Each RuMe Mystery Bag will contain AT LEAST 5 RuMe products
* Retail value is guaranteed to be $50-$79 (or more if you score some great extra prizes!)
* Some bags may also contain the following:
- $10, $20 and $50 cash cards
- extra RuMe gifts
* To celebrate, we’re offering FREE SHIPPING on EVERYTHING today, 12/5 only!
* There’s no limit to how many Mystery Bags you can purchase, but when the bags are gone, they’re gone so don’t delay!
* Mystery Bags are not eligible for returns, exchanges or refunds. All sales are final. No coupons may be used in conjunction with a Mystery Bag order.
Aqua Ikat RuMe Bag